How can Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month make a difference?
We can use this month to raise awareness about colorectal cancer and take action toward prevention. Communities, organizations, families, and individuals can get involved and spread the word.
Here are just a few ideas:
1. Encourage families to get active together – exercise may help reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
2. Talk to family, friends, and people in your community about the importance of getting screened for colorectal cancer starting at age 50.
3. Ask doctors and nurses to talk to patients age 50 and older about the importance of getting screened.
How can American Heart Month make a difference?
We can use this month to raise awareness about heart disease and how people can prevent it — both at home and in the community.
Here are just a few ideas:
1. Encourage families to make small changes, like using spices to season their food instead of salt.
2. Motivate teachers and administrators to make physical activity a part of the school day. This can help students start good habits early.
3. Ask doctors and nurses to be leaders in their communities by speaking out about ways to prevent heart disease.
Hope all of you enjoyed the Holiday season! Would like to remind you that it is not too late to get your flu vaccine. Please see your Primary Care Physician or Pharmacy.
Wishing you and your families a healthy New Year!
~The ROI Providers and Staff
Rainier Orthopedic Institute will be closed on the following days:
11/24 & 11/25- Thanksgiving Holiday
12/23 & 12/26- Christmas Eve/Christmas Holiday
1/2/2017- Closed for New Years
Hope you are all having a wonderful summer! For our Patients who had a Total Joint replacement this past year- We will be having our
annual Total Joint Luncheon this year on Wednesday, August 31st. This event is always one that we really look forward to as we celebrate
with our patient’s their accomplishments this past year! It will be held at the Pioneer Pavilion in Puyallup.
Please watch your mail for our invitations that will be going out on July 22nd!
Look forward to seeing many of you then!
We will be adding a new Physician’s Assistant to our Rainier Ortho Family! Rosie Abecassis has over 6 years experience as a Physician’s Assistant and
over 11 years of experience in the medical field.
She will be accepting new patients this fall! Welcome Rosie!
Carrie Bryant, PA-C moved with her husband and daughter to Utah. We miss her dearly and wish her and her family much happiness!
ROI Welcomes Daniel Hahn, PA-C to our practice! Dan comes to us with 10+ years experience.
We are so happy to have Dan join our Rainier Orthopedic Family! He will accepting new patients as of May 2nd!
We have a new member on our ROI team! Emily Hall, PA-C will start assisting our surgeons in surgery and
will see patients beginning next month!
Welcome Emily !!
We wish all the best to Karl Hilsenberg as he enters a new chapter in his life! He is retiring and we are
sure he will enjoy spending more time in his award winning garden. We are so happy for Karl but he will be missed not only by the ROI Staff but all of his patients too!
Best Wishes Karl!